Mafia Supports the Girl Guides?

May 16th, 2008 · 9 Comments

A Girl Scout sold over 17,000 of the group’s signature cookies this year, shattering her troop’s old mark and probably setting a national record. But how did she do it, that is the question.  Her father Fabio Gunazzenti is a local mafia don and it is thought that his reputation might have had something to do with the incredibly high sales.

A neighbour was interviewed (refusing to give her name) and was quoted as saying, “I saw people, lots of people leaving that house at all hours of the night with lots of boxes of cookies.”  “Sometimes they would make two or three trips out to their cars they were taking so many boxes”.

A spokeswoman for the New York-based national organization, called the figure “amazing” but said there’s no national record on the books.  “We’re thrilled for the girls who take it to such a great level, but so far, we don’t track it at the national level,” she said.

Now I have heard of the mafia getting it’s hands into a lot of different businesses, but girl guide cookies?  Come on, what would Tony Soprano think.

Tags: Crazy People · Might Be True · Odd Accomplisments · Offbeat Stuff · Strange Business · Strange News

• 1 Kinroan // May 16, 2008 at 4:00 am

I mean really now….who doesn’t like Girl Scout cookies

• 2 TRECE // Jun 1, 2008 at 12:47 am

WHO CARES, WHO BOUGHT THE COOKIES I MEAN THERE WERE PAID FOR, SO WHY IS PEOPLE MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT AS IF SOMETHING ILLEGAL WAS DONE. THEY WERE LEGIT SALES SO OH WELL, I BET U IF SHE SOLD 17,000 COOKIES 2 NUNS IT WOULDN’T B A PROBLEM. I CONGRATULATE THE GIRL SCOUT ON A JOB WELL DONE.

• 3 Ed // Jul 4, 2008 at 12:30 pm

What the F***? How can you suggest they may have been legitimate sales. Who knows what her father had been doing to “encourage” the people in his area to buy these cookies? With connections like that, I can’t see how the Girl Scouts National Office can congratulate her in any respect!

• 4 Mafia Finding Another Outlet? « HeSaidSheSaid // Jul 15, 2008 at 8:22 pm

[…] Mafia Finding Another Outlet? Mafia Supports the Brownies? […]

• 5 Ally // Oct 14, 2008 at 2:29 am

Personlly, I don’t think there is anything wrong here. If you think about it, there is no proof saying that these people were even in the mafia. Ever heard the saying, “can’t judge a book by it’s cover?”

• 6 Gamey // Dec 11, 2008 at 3:37 pm

” please sir have a seat.
    feel free to have as many cookies as you would like”
    (they are arranged neatly on a platter on the coffee table)
    (the man takes a cookie, continues the conversation, eats more cookies)
    Before the man leaves, the father asks
    ” how many cookies did you eat, by the way?”
    The man answers “I think about seven or eight”
    The father pulls out a gun and says “you will buy about seventy or eighty boxes of cookies, or you will never eat a cookie again.”
    The man had to take 4 trips to his car.

Story explained..

• 7 Ericka // Mar 10, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Thats f***ing crazy why would him being apart of the mafia have any thing to do with his daughter selling cookies let alone GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!

• 8 Crazy Admin Guy // Apr 8, 2010 at 3:00 am

I think it is the amount she sold that is kinda crazy!

• 9 Miguel // Jul 6, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Wake up people, ok you wanna sell the cookies. Case in point my daughter wants to sell cookies, but how in the world am I supposed to get a 17,000 box inventory to my house. Never mind the fact that I don’t perosnally know 8,500 people.