Crazy Strange Brain Injury

November 27th, 2008 · 16 Comments

Please insert keys to turn on! This toddler has quite the accident with a set of keys, on the plus side he is going to be alright, we hope.

brain injury xray

Tags: Odd Accomplisments · Odd Medical News · Of the Weird · Offbeat Stuff

• 1 Shanna // Dec 2, 2008 at 9:37 pm

What I can’t understand is *HOW* those keys ended up in that poor child’s face/head like that?!

• 2 alayna // Dec 5, 2008 at 4:30 pm

I agree with the woman who left a comment before me. How does anyone manage to do that? Well….I guess its kids just being kids…

• 3 Carol Carmel // Dec 16, 2008 at 5:20 am

The child most likely inserted one of the keys in his nostril and then immediately thereafter fell or was hit with something hard in the front of his face…thus causing the keys to lodge in his sinuses and it looks like one of his eye sockets. Poor kid. What an aweful accident.

• 4 Lauren // Dec 19, 2008 at 5:19 pm

are those keys going through his eye socket???

• 5 Amy S. // Jan 6, 2009 at 11:23 pm

How could that have happened?

• 6 LuneKeltkar // Apr 24, 2009 at 4:31 pm

This “xray” looks totally fake to me.

Lune

• 7 blahblah // May 11, 2009 at 8:12 pm

IT DOES NOT LOOK FAKE TO ME
    i think it looks real!!! also things like that happen

• 8 LuneKeltkar // May 11, 2009 at 8:14 pm

I’m sorry, who ever you are, but it looks fake to me. People have their own opinions, you know.

Lune

• 9 Peyton // May 14, 2009 at 3:39 am

Hahaha! where are my keys honey?! Ohh here they ARRREEEEE!!!!!! *falls on keys*

• 10 STOPTHEGENOCIDE // May 24, 2009 at 11:17 pm

like seriously, the person before me is seriously deranged. That kid might as well fell of a building and you would have still been laughing. Idiot!

• 11 Nickmck02 // May 31, 2009 at 7:26 am

they’re in his nasal cavity…

I’m still working on getting out those pesky crayons and army men from my younger days…

• 12 me // Jul 7, 2009 at 4:03 am

I also think this x ray is fake!! If you look close you will see the bottom key about a millimeter or so above the child’s upper lip. This would mean that the key did not go up his/her nose, but through the upper teeth and bone just below the cartiliage of the nose. There is no way this is possible unless someone literally drilled the keys through this kid’s skull bone. On top of that, the broken bone fragments of the impact would be seen floating around the pointed ends of the keys and the entry wounds. I dont care how hard you fall or get hit, this photo is impossible!

• 13 Kristina // Sep 11, 2009 at 11:05 pm

If indeed this is a real xray, which I really doubt, the keys are on his face not in it. I work with these every single day and thats not possible.

• 14 jamie // Nov 18, 2009 at 11:01 pm

i agree; it looks fake.

• 15 nelda // Feb 18, 2010 at 2:13 am

if that is real i would never want to see what it looks like i would never want to see one of my kids n such agoney, that is a terible sight. i hope it is fake for the childs sake.

• 16 Jon Clay // Apr 5, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Being one who never takes internet news at face value, I found this link to a story about the incident. Of course it still doesn’t mean the article itself is correct.
    Link: